“How do you go from where you are to where you want to be? I think you have to have an enthusiasm for life. You have to have a dream, a goal, and you have to be willing to work for it.” - Jim Valvano

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

A Very Merry Lab 6

          This week was our last week at Saint Mary's school where we had a Christmas theme for the children.  There were no specific skills that were focused on today so it was up to my fellow peers to come up with games that involved skills that we had practiced and played throughout the semester.  My group was the special projects group and what we did was decorate the gymnasium doors with collages that myself and my fellow peers made.  We did a nice Christmas theme with green and red construction paper and placed the collages creatively on the door and also wrote our names and a little thank you to the school for allowing us to have such great experiences there.
         One thing that I did notice throughout the semester is how much I enjoy helping younger children out.  I originally thought that older kids such as Junior High and High School was the rout that I wanted to go, however after the few weeks that I spent at Saint Mary's my view has definitely changed.  It is so fun to be around kids who are always happy and enthusiastic about just be active.  Rarely did we ever find kids who didn't want to be doing something physically active.  They may not have wanted to play the same game, however we could generally find some way or game to get them involved into something.  It can be a challenge sometimes getting them to play a game that you want to play, however I am a person who likes challenges and I would definitely enjoy helping kids with their motor development and getting them introduced to healthy active lifestyles that hopefully they could continue for the rest of their lives.  Effective Physical Education needs to start at the elementary stage and this is something that I want to be more and more a part of as time has been going on.

No comments:

Post a Comment