“How do you go from where you are to where you want to be? I think you have to have an enthusiasm for life. You have to have a dream, a goal, and you have to be willing to work for it.” - Jim Valvano

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Lab 2

          Lab 2 was a lot of fun, full of interesting and exciting events that I was not expecting.  In the beginning of class I had to observe some of the younger kids and how they ran, galloped, and hopped.  Some of my peers came up with fun little games where they incorporated that they had to do these types of things and then we would analyze them and see how well they did each of them.  We each had a boy and a girl we had to assess, and with that I marked down whether he/she was doing good in that category, average, or needed some work.  After that my group went outside where we played with the older kids.  They had a big game of tag going which I joined in on.  We played for a little while then another kid decided he wanted to join in however for some reason tagged another person so it got a little confusing and there were two people it instead of just one.  This I thought was funny because even though they noticed something was wrong and would say it, they still kept playing.  After playing tag we went into the gym and I introduced my game to the kids. 

         Since the theme of the week was "Friendship'" I chose a game I called Chain Tag where you were only safe if you chained your arm with your partner, thus trying to incorporate friendship.  If you got tagged, you had to sit down and then someone could get you back in if they tagged your hand.  So I thought this was a good idea because you get a partner which could symbolize friendship, and if you thought you were going to get caught then you could find your partner and try to chain yourselves before you got caught.  This game turned out pretty good, it seemed as though all the kids liked it.  I was surprised because I noticed the last time I was there that there were two kids who didn't really like playing that much, however, they participated in my game which surprised me and made me happy.  After my games the rest of my group introduced their games and we played them as well.  At the end we had all the groups and kids get together and we did the Chicken Dance.  I hadn't done it in a while but it was like riding a bike, once you learn how you don't forget.

 Lab 2

No comments:

Post a Comment