“How do you go from where you are to where you want to be? I think you have to have an enthusiasm for life. You have to have a dream, a goal, and you have to be willing to work for it.” - Jim Valvano

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

First blog

This summer I didn't get to do as much physical activity as I would have liked outside of work, however, at work I would always get a lot of physical activity.  This summer I worked for the Residence life department at SUNY Potsdam where Mondays through Fridays myself and six of my friends were given different assignments moving different types of dorm furniture and other miscellaneous campus moving objections.  The toughest morning I would say we had was when myself and four others moved 280 twin mattresses in less than two hours.  If you can imagine what the twin mattresses in the dorms are, my crew and I had to move 280 of them off a truck into a dorm, where we later were assigned to move them into other dorms/rooms.  Besides work, I worked out about 4-5 times every week around 7 pm after dinner to get in some muscle building.  I like to lift weights a lot.  It is a good exercise and helps a lot with stress.  One of the things I am very interested here at SUNY Cortland is becoming a personal trainer so I can help others achieve their goals and also so I can learn more about lifting weights myself. 

1 comment:

  1. Great start Matt. You should check out the Kines department to take other courses or even double major!

    ReplyDelete